Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

What's goin' on in the garden

SO the garden is doing well and we have a nice new wall supporting it. BUT our plants got aphids! Little green buggers that like to eat my leaves and take over...
Well I was not going to let that happen. I went to the garden store and asked for suggestions. She said that we could use pesticides and it might cause some damage to possible fruit production, so I said no way to chemicals. I went with LADYBUGS!



They were recommended by friends and I figured if it worked for them it would work for me so I followed the instructions on releasing them... and here's what my rose bush looked like...
I released them on all the plants the lemons, the orange and the avacado tree.

Well I went back the next day and....

I would definately recommend them to anyone with a bug problem. Now I just need my roses to bloom :-)

No comments: